Quick & Easy Bread Recipe
Wondering how to make bread at home? Check out this quick and easy bread recipe tutorial. This bread was baked in a pizza oven, but not everyone has a pizza oven, so the recipe below includes instructions for conventional ovens as well.
How to Make Bread at Home
This is a quick and easy recipe for making basic loaves of white bread at home. If you are feeling particularly creative, feel free to add ingredients to your bread. An addition of diced Kalamata olives makes a tasty olive bread ;).
Watch the video above and check out the recipe below. Be sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel or Facebook Page (or both), as I’ll be whipping up more delicious foods for you to create in your own home.
- 1 package yeast
- 1 cup warm water (about 105° to 111°F)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3-3 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 egg
- Cornmeal for dusting
- Grits for dusting (optional)
- Butter (for eating when it comes out of the oven 😉
- Put warm water in mixing bowl and sprinkle in 1 package of yeast and the sugar. Let rest for 5-7 minutes until it bubbles up.
- Then add egg, olive oil, salt and 2 & 1/2 cups of flour.
- Using a dough hook on your mixer, mix on medium setting.
- Add the other 1/2 cup flour and mix in.
- Cover mixing bowl with plastic wrap and a cloth to keep dark and set to side to let rise.
- Get baking pan and spray with non-stick spray (or use olive oil and wipe). Then sprinkle some grits on the baking pan and a dusting of cornmeal for a crunch on the bread.
- Sprinkle a little flour on clean flat surface and remove dough from mixing bowl. Stretch dough ball out a little and cut in half to make two loaves.
- Dust your hands with flour and roll each dough ball into a baguette shape ( a quick roll and fold- see video for technique) and set on baking pan.
- Take some clean kitchen scissors and make cuts along the top of each loaf to form a decorative design.
- Sprinkle loaves with cornmeal.
- Let bread set in a dry warm place for about 40 minutes to proof.
- After proofing, bake in (1) a preheated pizza oven for 7-8 minutes until or golden brown; or (2) a conventional oven preheated to 375°F for 14-15 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove from oven.
- Slice warm, spread with butter and enjoy 🙂
Other Recipes You May Enjoy